Saturday 29 June 2013

BBT - Body basal temperature

The first thing that I did was to take my temperature in the morning.

Basal body temperature (BBT) is your temperature when you first wake up in the morning or after at least three hours of uninterrupted sleep. Before you even get out of bed to brush your teeth or start your day, pop a basal thermometer (available at drug stores) into your mouth. This thermometer shows minute incremental degree changes, unlike a regular thermometer. Most basal thermometers come with a temperature-plotting chart*.

Initially, it was fun as it meant that I woke up 30-60 minutes before my natural waking time and gave us plenty of time for baby making before going to work. However, it soon became clear that this was making me very tired and by the end of my cycle, I was incapable of concentrating.

The chart was a mess,  I couldn't really be sure of when I ovulated ( or if I had). And I ended up more worried than ever.

This is the Body Basal thermometer that I bought.



This is a video which I found very helpful to get started:


 But I wish I had seen this one...it would have made me feel better!



*Source: http://www.babycenter.ca/

No comments:

Post a Comment